Integrate SourceFormatX Into Source Insight
Format Source Code within Source Insight
The following instructions allow you to format and indent the current open source code file in
Source Insight using
SourceFormatX command line tool. We used a free
trial version of Source Insight Version 3.5, so if you use an older or even a newer version then
several screenshots or menu items may differ from our description.
Add a Tool Menu that will invoke SourceFormatX
1. Click "Options" -> "Custom Commands...".
2. Click the "Add" button, then input "SourceFormatX" to add a new tool.
3. Please fill in the form as show below: (Assuming you installed SourceFormatX in C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\)
- Command: SourceFormatX
- Run: "C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\SourceFormatX.exe" %f
- Dir: C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\
4. Click "Menu.." button, scroll the "Command" box to the command "Custom Cmd: SourceFormatX" you created. Then, insert "SourceFormatX" menu item to the "Edit" menu, as show below:
5. Click "Keys.." button, scroll the "Command" box to the command "Custom Cmd: SourceFormatX" you created.
6. Then, click "Assign New Key..." button, assign new key "Ctrl+T" or other keys.
7. Click "OK" to save settings.
You may now invoke SourceFormatX command line tool by two ways:
1. Using Ctrl+T
2. By clicking "Edit" -> "SourceFormatX".
Don't waste time to format source code manually, Download SourceFormatX to format source code for your team!