Integrate SourceFormatX Into JCreator
Format Source Code within JCreator
The following instructions allow you to format and indent the current open Java source code file in
JCreator Java IDE using the command line tool
of SourceFormatX java code formatter and
code indenter. We used a free trial version of JCreator
Pro 4.00.026, so if you use a newer or an olderversion then several screenshots or menu items may differ
from our description.
Add a Tool Menu that will invoke SourceFormatX code formatter
1. Click "Configure" -> "Options...".
2. Click the "Tools" tree item, then click "New" -> "Program" to select SourceFormatX.exe program.
3. Then, click the "SourceFormatX" tree item, and fill in the form as show below: (Assuming you installed SourceFormatX in C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\)
- Commands: C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\SourceFormatX.exe
- Arguments: $[FilePath]
- Initial directory: $[FileDir]
- Note: Please put quotation marks " " around the path and other elements if they have blank spaces.
4. Click "OK" button to save settings.
Add a keymapping so you can invoke SourceFormatX using Ctrl+Shift+T
1. Click "Configure" -> "Customize...".
2. Select "Keyboard" page.
2. In the "Category" box select "Tools", scroll the "Commands" box and select "User Tool 1".
3. Assign new key "Ctrl+Alt+T" or other keys.
4. Click "Assign", then click "Close" to save settings.
You may now invoke the command line tool of SourceFormatX code indenter by two ways:
1. Using Ctrl+Alt+T
2. By clicking "Tools" -> "SourceFormatX".
Don't waste time on formatting Java code manually, Using SourceFormatX Java Formatter to format and indent source code for you!