Integrate SourceFormatX Into JDeveloper
Format Source Code within JDeveloper
The following instructions allow you to format and indent the current open Java source code file in
Oracle JDeveloper using
SourceFormatX Java Formatter command line tool. We used
a free trial version of JDeveloper Version 9i, so if you use an older or even a newer version then
several screenshots or menu items may differ from our description.
Add a Tool Menu that will invoke SourceFormatX code formatter
1. Click "Tools" -> "External Tools...".
2. Set the "Menu Caption" to "SourceFormat&X" as follows. Optionally set the the icon location to C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\SourceFormatX.gif (Right click to download SourceFormatX.gif file).
3. Select "Details" page.
4. Fill in the form as show below: (Assuming you installed SourceFormatX in C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\)
- Executable: C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\SourceFormatX.exe
- Run in Directory: C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\
- Arguments: File path
5. Select "Invocation" page, fill in the form as show below:
You may now invoke the command line tool of SourceFormatX code indenter by two ways:
1. By clicking the "SourceFormatX" tool button in the tool bar.
2. By clicking "Tools" -> "SourceFormatX".
Don't waste time on formatting and indenting Java source code manually any more! Download SourceFormatX Java Formatter Now!