Integrate SourceFormatX Into Notepad++
Format Source Code within Notepad++
The following instructions allow you to format, beautify and indent the current open source code file in
Notepad++ Source Code Editor using the
command line tool of SourceFormatX code formatter &
code beautifier. We used a freeware version of Notepad
4.1.2, so if you use an older or even a newer version then several screenshots or menu items may differ
from our description.
Add a Console Tool that will invoke SourceFormatX code formatter
1. Click "Plugins" -> "NppExec" -> "Execute...".
2. Assuming you installed SourceFormatX indenter in C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\, fill in the "Command(s):" form as show below:
- C:\Program Files\SourceFormatX\SourceFormatX.exe $(FILE_NAME)
3. Click "Save" button to save settings.
You may now invoke the command line tool of SourceFormatX code beautifier by two ways:
1. Using "F6".
2. By clicking "Plugins" -> "NppExec" -> "Execute...".
3. After formatting, a sound of bell can be heard then please refresh Notepad++ IDE window to reload the formatted source code file.
Don't waste time on formatting and indenting code by hand any more! Download SourceFormatX to beautify and format code now!